WHO WE ARE
We’re Mercury, and we are re-imagining the collegiate fan experience one university at a time. We’re a 21st century media, marketing, and e-commerce partner for collegiate athletic programs that utilizes the latest technologies to deepen fan engagement and monetization. We help athletes earn money off their Name, Image, and Likeness, help universities navigate and evolve in the ever-changing digital landscape, and help fans get rewarded for actions they have always taken but never been rewarded for.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Community Operations Manager, you’ll join a Community Team that is committed to building long-term, productive, and engaged relationships with the members of our collegiate fan communities.
Your North Star metric is growing our communities. Your day-to-day will include engaging our members and helping them connect to the Mercury experience. You are the main guide as they meet other fans, participate in events and contests, navigate our platforms, and manage their collection. All while upholding our moderation guidelines that create a fun and engaging environment for every type of fan.
You aren’t afraid to get involved in conversations and know how to navigate them in an inclusive way that is consistent with our brand and product roadmap. On the flip side, you know when conversations are better left untouched by administrators and resolved within the community.
You’ll report directly to the VP of Community and work closely with moderators across multiple college fan communities.
Community: Manage a portfolio of fan communities and share best practices to help maximize engagement, audience growth, and member retention. We’re seeking a candidate who can manage on a one-to-many scale.
Onboarding: Help us continue to improve our onboarding process so that newcomers feel welcomed and help them participate meaningfully moving forward.
- Support: You will oversee the Support Ticket area in each community. You’ll connect with Product and Engineering to ensure members are helped in a timely manner.
- Data: Track and analyze community growth metrics to ensure engagement, retention, and satisfaction.
- Expertise: Know our core customer by immersing yourself in the sports and university world of each partner school.
- BA/BS degree or higher with 5+ years experience relationship-driven role with community-building experience, events, and marketing-driven work, sales or managing client-focused programs
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working at a technology or SaaS company
- Experience launching, leading, and scaling programs in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship-building skills; ability to build rapport with a wide variety of personalities;you are a people person who brings a community together; high EQ/Low ego
- Experience with Discord as a user and a moderator, with an understanding of permissions andbots
- Clear and effective communicator, both oral and written, with the understanding of how toleverage our network while maintaining our core values; comfortability with public speaking in
virtual and in-person formats
- Experience and a proven track record of working on a flexible, remote team.
- Type: Full-time
- Title: Community Operations Manager
- Direct Report: VP of Community
- Start Date: Exact start date to be agreed upon
- Location: Remote, but expected to attend in-person meetings as instructed by Direct Report
- Benefits: Healthcare, dental and vision